Recently, the situation announced the closure of risky places. To reduce the spread of the Covid-19 virus, which Lockdown both in Bangkok and other provinces. Many shops and establishments have to announce temporary closure or liquidation. As a result, many employees and employees be in a ‘unemployed’ state.
What is Social Security?
Social security is a welfare that the state provides to employees. By deducting 5% from the base salary to contribute to the Social Security Fund. Which the employee will benefit from the money that has been deducted. In times of illness, childbirth, unemployment, or even death It is considered as a guarantee of life for the insured members.
There are 3 types of insurers, each of which will receive different terms of protection Today we will talk about the protection benefits for insurers under section 33 or general private employees. which is the only type of insured who is covered by Social Security in case of unemployment Let’s go see.
Benefits that will be received from social security in case of being ‘unemployed’
Usually, all insurers who become unemployed will already receive benefits or compensation from Social Security. But this year The benefits also cover unemployment caused by the COVID-19 virus.
If you are unemployed due to force majeure
- Staying at home, not working because the employer doesn’t let me work. or cause you to quarantine for symptoms Social Security pays 50% of salary for a period of not more than 180 days.
- Government agencies have ordered to suspend business or temporarily close the establishment. Social Security pays 50% of salary for a period of not more than 60 days.
If you are unemployed due to resignation or being fired
- Unemployment on resignation Social Security pays 45% of salary for a period of not more than 90 days.
- unemployment due to dismissal Social Security provides compensation of 70% of salary for a period of not more than 200 days.
During the COVID-19 epidemic There are also additional benefits given to employers and insurers:
- Reduce the social security fund contribution rate from 5% to 4% for 6 months
- Extension of time for employer and insured contributions In the monthly salary of March, April and May for another 3 months.
Qualifications for the unemployed to receive social security compensation benefits
Qualifications of the unemployed to be eligible for Social Security severance pay .First of all, you must be insured. have paid contributions for at least 6 months and have been unemployed for at least 8 days by the scope of unemployment must come from the case of resignation Termination of employment contract, termination of employment, government shutdown the employer closes the business or is in a group at risk of contracting an epidemic.